Click to Home

Go To Search
RSSPrintEmail
CLARK COUNTY BRIDGE AND CULVERT REPLACEMENT AID

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

  • March - Highway Commissioner distributes County Aid Bridge and Culvert application forms.
  • End of April - Applications due to Highway Commissioner (municipalities mark culvert(s) or bridge(s) to be replaced).
  • May – Highway Committee inspects culverts and bridges and makes recommendations for replacement or to monitor condition.
  • May/June –Determination letters sent to municipalities. Reimbursement forms mailed.
  • June, July, August – Municipalities complete awarded work.
  • August / September – Municipalities return cost aid forms to Highway Commissioner.
  • September – Highway Committee inspects culverts and bridges and makes final determination on reimbursement amount.
  • November – County Board approves funding resolution, Budget Process
  • February and August of following year – Municipalities receives County Aid Payment.

CULVERT COSTS

Statutorily only culverts with a diameter of 36” or greater qualify for aid.

Total costs of completed projects reimbursed at 50%.

Eligible costs include: Materials, labor, machinery, material for back-filling and gravel to repair surface up to 50 feet each side of the culvert.  Asphalt surface is not an eligible cost for this program in Clark County.

COUNTY AID BRIDGE COSTS 

Bridges with an abutment to abutment clear span of less than 20’.

Total costs of completed projects reimbursed at 50%.

Eligible costs include: Materials, labor, machinery, material for back-filling and gravel to repair surface up to 50 feet each side of the bridge.  Asphalt surface is not an eligible cost for this program in Clark County.

FEDERAL AID BRIDGE COSTS

Bridges with an abutment to abutment clear span of 20’ or greater, with a sufficiency rating of 50 or less.

Town, City or Village pays for 20% of design WI DOT or Federal bridge program pays remaining 80% of design costs.

Town, City or Village pays 10% of construction, County pays 10% of construction and WI DOT or Federal bridge program pays remaining 80% of construction costs.

Eligible costs include: Materials, labor, machinery, guard rail, material for back-filling, gravel to repair surface and asphalt surface (if one was present at time of construction) up to 50 feet each side of the bridge.

TOWN ROAD IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM – (TRI and TRID)

Bridges under 20’ and large culverts do qualify for TRI and TRID. The remaining project cost, after the TRI and TRID is deducted, are split 50% x 50% between Town/City or Village and County.



Clark County Courthouse
Hours:  8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
517 Court St., Room 301
Neillsville, WI 54456
Phone: (715) 743-5148
Fax: (715) 743-5154